Town Planning Expert

How Can We Help?

Use Class C2A

You are here:
< All Topics
What is allowed

Use Class C2A Includes:

  • Use for a provision of secure residential accommodation,
  • prison
  • young offenders institution
  • detention centre
  • secure training centre
  • custody
Where can I use it

Class C2a uses are controversial pre-application advice should be sought to discuss with the Council if you wish to apply for a Class C2 Use.

What is not allowed

A Material Change of Use, that is not subject to a Permitted Development Allowance already in place, to any other use class requires planning permission and may be subject to local policy restrictions.

Permitted Development to Class C2A


Permitted Development from Class C2A

With prior approval Class C2A uses can change to either a state funded school within Class F1 or a day nursery within Class E.

How do I use the allowance

No planning permission is required to move from a use within Class C2A to another use within Class C2A albeit you may wish to seek a certificate of lawfulness.

Our Notes


Table of Contents