Town Planning Expert

How Can We Help?

Use Class C2

You are here:
< All Topics
What is allowed

Use Class C2 Includes:

  • Residential care homes,
  • hospitals,
  • nursing homes,
  • boarding schools,
  • residential colleges and
  • training centres
Where can I use it

Class C2 uses are appropriate for residential environments and most council’s have policies in the creation of new care homes and nursing homes.

What is not allowed

A Material Change of Use, that is not subject to a Permitted Development Allowance already in place, to any other use class requires planning permission and may be subject to local policy restrictions.

Permitted Development to Class C2


Permitted Development from Class C2

With prior approval Class C2 uses can change to either a state funded school within Class F1 or a day nursery within Class E.

How do I use the allowance

No planning permission is required to move from a use within Class C2 to another use within Class C2 albeit you may wish to seek a certificate of lawfulness.

Our Notes


Table of Contents