Town Planning Expert

How Can We Help?

Class C – exterior painting

You are here:
< All Topics
What is allowed

The painting of the exterior of any building or work.

Where can I use it

On any land or building in England

What is not allowed

Development is not permitted by Class C if the painting is for the purpose of advertisement, announcement or direction.

How do I use the allowance

This is a normal allowance that is available to every building in England. If you want to use this allowance on a Listed Building you will need to apply for a separate Listed Building Consent. For buildings in Conservation Areas you should check to see whether the Council has issued an Article 4 Direction.

Our Notes


Table of Contents