Town Planning Expert

How Can We Help?

Class A – temporary buildings and structures

You are here:
< All Topics
What is allowed

The provision on land of buildings, moveable structures, works, plant or machinery required temporarily in connection with and for the duration of operations being or to be carried out on, in, under or over that land or on land adjoining that land.

Where can I use it

On any land within England subject to the restrictions below.

What is not allowed

Development is not permitted by Class A if—

  • the operations referred to are mining operations, or
  • planning permission is required for those operations but is not granted or deemed to be granted.
How do I use the allowance

This is a normal permitted development allowance with requires no application. That being said you should seek a certificate of lawfulness as temporary uses are always contentious.

Our Notes


Table of Contents