Town Planning Expert

How Can We Help?

Class I – industrial and general business conversions

You are here:
< All Topics
What is allowed

Development consisting of a change of use of a building from any use falling within Class B2 (general industrial) of Schedule 1 to the Use Classes Order, to a use for any purpose falling within Class B8 (storage or distribution) of that Schedule

Where can I use it

On any building in England without restriction.

What is not allowed

Development is not permitted by Class I, where the change is to or from a use falling within Class B8 of that Schedule, if the change of use relates to more than 500 square metres of floor space in the building.

How do I use the allowance

This is a normal permitted development allowance which may be used without restriction subject to local article 4 requirements. On existing Industrial Premises is it beneficial to check if there is a planning condition preventing this change.

Our Notes


Table of Contents