Town Planning Expert

How Can We Help?

Class C – use of land by members of certain recreational organisations

You are here:
< All Topics
What is allowed

The use of land by members of a recreational organisation for the purposes of recreation or instruction, and the erection or placing of tents on the land for the purposes of the use.

Where can I use it

On any land within England that is not within the curtilage of a dwellinghouse.

What is not allowed

There are no overt restrictions to Class C.

How do I use the allowance

This is a normal permitted development allowance with requires no application. That being said you should seek a certificate of lawfulness as caravan sites are always contentious.

Our Notes

For the purposes of Class C, “recreational organisation” means an organisation holding a certificate of exemption under section 269 of the Public Health Act 1936 (power of local authority to control use of movable dwellings)

Table of Contents